Monday, April 9, 2012

Kale/Chard Veggie Chips


I got some chard and kale in my bountiful basket the last month and had no idea what to do with either of them. I finally found this recipe for kale chips and thought I'd give it a try. I was really surprised when I liked them. A lot. My boys gobbled them down in seconds. I gave up potato chips when I was like 18, so my boys have only had them once or twice in their entire life, and I have to say we like these as much as we do potato chips. Even better, these are some of the healthiest vegetables on the planet and they're super easy to make (just don't try and store them in an airtight container like I did- you must eat these fresh).

Wash and pat dry kale or chard leaves. Toss with olive oil and sea salt. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake in 300 degree oven for 5-20 minutes or until crisp- depending on what kind of leaf you use (they will crisp up more after removing from the oven). Eat as many as you like- completely guilt free!

*I found that with the curly kale the centers didn't quite get as crisp as the ends, so we only ate the curly part, but with flat kale or chard the entire thing is crunchy, just like a potato chip.
*Flat kale cooks in less than 5 minutes so watch closely!

Chard Chips
Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover