Sunday, April 4, 2010

Veggie Pizza


I am pretty much a pepperoni girl. I really don't care anything else on my pizza. But...just before I had Grant, my in-laws got some papa murphy's veggie delite pizza and it was awesome! So this is my attempt to copycat.

For great info on making pizza with a stone- check out Forno Bravo, it's pretty comprehensive and their recipe is great- mine is just scaled down to make one pizza. You can use ranch dressing for the sauce, or if you prefer a more cheesy sauce, try the garlic cream cheese alfredo sauce I posted earlier (don't use store-bought alfredo sauce, it doesn't taste good for this).

Pizza Dough (makes 1 pizza)

2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 cups flour
Ranch dressing
1 clove garlic, minced

Mozzarella cheese
Spinach leaves
Tomato, chopped
Mushroom sliced
other veggies as desired

Mix water and yeast until foamy. Add all remaining ingredients until soft dough forms, rise 1 hour until double in size.  Roll into circle the size of your pan. Spread ranch with garlic on crust, top with spinach, cheese and other veggies. Bake in 500 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until crust is crisp on bottom.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover