Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Soft Dinner Rolls

I live for bread. I have tried dozens and dozens of dough recipes searching for the perfect light fluffy dinner rolls, whole wheat bread and white sandwich bread (just to name a few). I have adapted this recipe and find it to be one of the best, I am always getting asked for this recipe so here it is. The ultimate dinner roll- soft, fluffly and melt in your mouth. If you want them to be soft the next day as well be sure to add the potatoes- if you're like me though, they'll all be gone in about 5 minutes, so no need to bother. And if you're like me you usually run out of something (like eggs) or want to try a variation, I've included those as well.

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
2 packages yeast
1 stick butter, melted & cooled
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
4+ cups flour

Directions:
Combine yeast and water and cover until foamy. Add butter, sugar, eggs, salt and one cup of flour, mix. Add flour one cup at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and soft dough forms. Cover and let rise 1 hour until double in size. Form into balls, cover and let rise until double. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Brush with melted butter.

*For softer dough add potatoes- you can simply use re-constituted mashed potato flakes and add them when you add the eggs and other stuff (I usually add about a cup re-constituted)
*If you don't have eggs, no problem either use potato flakes or my favorite- Dough Enhancer
*If you don't have or want to use butter- just use oil
*If you don't want to use sugar- use honey Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover